The Toronto School Name Changed

A Toronto private school was sued over a student’s alleged sexual assault. The school’s name was kept secret until now.

On July 26, 2009, a student told police that he was sexually abused at a private school in Toronto. The next day, the school was publicly named in documents related to the lawsuit: it was the George Brown School.

The school is run by the Toronto-based George Brown Institute. The institute says the name change is a coincidence.

The students were the victims of abuse at the hands of one of the school’s founder’s.

In a statement, the school says that it has spent $28,000 to identify the “misguided” parents of the student who came forward. The school says that it will pursue potential legal action against the alleged perpetrator.

The Toronto Star obtained an email dated Aug. 9, 2009, that reveals the school’s intention to sue the student and his parents based on the “misguided” disclosure. The email shows that students’ parents are being requested to sign a confidentiality agreement which would protect the school from liability. “We would be interested to understand what is in Mr. and Mrs. Langer’s mind concerning the disclosure of the incident,” the email says.

The school also asked parents in an email dated Sept. 24, 2009, to sign a “non-disclosure” and a confidentiality agreement.

The school said it had obtained a “non-disclosure” and a confidentiality agreement from the parents of the victim.

The school has not confirmed if the name change was related to the lawsuit.

In the email dated May 6, 2010, the school said it had an agreement to settle the lawsuit with the alleged perpetrator and his family. “A new name has been selected,” the email said. “The family no longer wishes to pursue the matter any further.”

The school’s name change occurred in the same week that the father of a young man killed himself after telling police he was sexually assaulted by an employee at the school.

The father, John Taylor, killed himself after police revealed that his 22-year-old son was assaulted by an employee

Leave a Comment