U.S. soccer president tells CNN more misconduct cases reported
The latest report from the U.S. Soccer federation comes just days after an alleged sexual assault was reported by multiple players at a hotel in Washington.
U.S. Soccer has also opened investigations into all of its clubs and expects more cases to come forward.
The federation announced it opened an investigation into allegations of misconduct by the Houston Dynamo, a club from the city of Houston in Texas.
The federation announced it opened an investigation into allegations of misconduct by the Houston Dynamo, a club from the city of Houston in Texas. (Photo: Getty Images)
“We are aware of the allegations and are investigating them thoroughly,” U.S. Soccer said in a statement. “We are making every effort to ensure that any individual found responsible for this behavior is held accountable through appropriate disciplinary procedures.”
The U.S. had previously been rocked with a number of sexual abuse allegations, accusations of racism and accusations of a lack of culture, among other things, in the national team program.
This is the second time in two days the U.S. has confirmed the publication of an investigation for Houston Dynamo, which the U.S. reported on their website Tuesday.
The U.S. had previously confirmed the publication of the investigation on Wednesday, which was based on accusations the U.S. Soccer team and U.S. Soccer failed to protect a female player who suffered verbal abuse from another player.
The U.S. had previously confirmed the publication of an investigation for the Houston Dynamo.
U.S. soccer president Sunil Gulati on Wednesday said he believed there was a culture of misconduct in the U.S. national team program and that it was “absolutely necessary” to separate the national team program from the team that ran to the top of the world soccer pyramid.
“If you’re the manager, you can’t hire anybody else,” Gulati told “